Friday, March 27, 2009

My First Review <HTC Touch Pro Vs Iphone 3G>

Hi everyone,its been awhile and I am not too sure who actually still remember the URL to this Blog, so anyway I am here today doing what all gadget geeks love to do, discuss about gadgets. Well I think i am at least qualify to be a gadget geek since i love gadgets, and i am proud to say that i am lucky enough to have actually play with some of them. Well anyway lets get back to our main topic today.

So Its the Iphone 3G that we are talking about here, going against HTC Touch Pro.

First up lets have all have a close up look at each of the devices and also its packaging.

CIMG0384 

 

CIMG0381

Here is The Iphone that I am holding,

CIMG0377

And ofcourse the HTC Touch Pro

CIMG0378

Okay without me elaborating too much, I am pretty sure you guys have at least seen Iphone somehow somewhere before.

As for the Touch Pro, its more of a (I know) or (whats that) Kind of thing.

So Lets First talk about the design of both devices.

Iphone, a Bar-designed phone with capacitive touch screen. A huge screen ( check the spec sheet for exact mesurement) and a very sleek white back cover

CIMG0376

As for the Touch Pro, also a Bar designed phone but with a slide out QWERTY  and a elegant and clean front design.

now lets do the comparison, Iphone has a much bigger screen, which is a plus, take a look at the picture comparison.CIMG0368

But HTC has a slide out full QWERTY keyboard which beats Iphone’s tocuh screen keyboard.

Both have almost the same resolution which makes the HTC Touch pro has a higher pixel per inch on its screen and hence the sharper picture quality.

However Iphone does have a very sensitive capacitive touch screen Which i would very much like on any device, but this technology has deter the phone’s ability to write on the its touch screen.

So all in all, I would say HTC Touch Pro wins in this first comparison, with its fine screen and most importantly the keyboard that allows me to type at a speed that i could only dream off doing on iphone.

HTC TOUCH PRO 1  -  Iphone 0

Okay next up, lets talk about Battery, a very important aspect for a heavy user like me. Htc Touch Pro has proven itself to possess one of the strongest and longest lasting battery life as compared to 98% of all the other windows mobile base devices. However, this is not match to the Iphone’s battery life when put into use. I was able to squeeze out 1 full day of intensive use on the iphone, constanly having music playing on the background, downloading apps, talking on the phone as well as entertaining myself with some cool games that are available for free on the app store.

CIMG0373

a quick comparison at their tickness, Iphone is better! slimmer!

Summary on this part is

HTC TOUCH PRO 1 -  Iphone 1

As an engineering student, we always do checkings on serviceability, Let me explain to you what serviceability means.

Well its very simply, Lets imagine we design a bridge that is suppose to be able to carry 10 person. Carrying 10 person alone is not enough in order the satisfy its serviceability, the bridge must not sag too much till it scares people away from crossing it. So basically what i am saying is, Both devices has 3G on it, But which is more practical in the real world, which is worth having. Well, after several days with the iphone and almost 6 months with my Touch Pro, i am sad to say that, with all its glamour and shouting by Apple about its device, It still falls back to its 3.6mb HSDPA speed as compared to the high speed of 7.2mb HSDPA that a touch pro can provide. Constant email downloading alone is enough to make you go crazy when you are on an iphone. Htc touch pro on the other hand can do this very well.

Hence

HTC TOUCH PRO 2 – IPHONE 1

App store has been one of the bigest success with Apple, i couldnt agree more. Its so easy to just browse thru a list of apps, and just randomly pick up a few to play with. As compared to WINMO devices, Searching thru the net alone is enough to make you go mad.CIMG0380

HTC TOUCH PRO 2 – IPHONE 2

I can go on forever about this, but there is no point in doing so, Both Iphone and HTC touch Pro are one of the best devices available on the market and I would say they are both good, but not perfect.

There is no clear cut answer as to which device any1 should pick.

But to conclude today’s review, i would like to share with you the device that is most suitable for me. Its non other than the HTC Touch Pro. I have been on this phone for almost 6 months, and i have recently (playfully) got myself a 16gb Iphone to try out. part of me is really curious about the fuss on Iphone. after a week of using it, I am glad to say that Htc is still the phone to beat for me.

Well Lets see, I cant stand the fact that I could not multi task on Iphone. When i am on the move, i would like to have my msn messenger on, checking thru my emails, and even doing some simple surfin over the net. Iphone does not only limit its user to 1 task at a time, its 3G speed is still far below what Touch Pro could offer. Aside from that, I value my typing experience ALOT! Yes i am a person with practically no life, and all i do is type on my phone. And Htc is by far the only device i have to be able to satisfy my need on this part. Lastly, as many of you know i study in UWA, which is basically a close to dead zone for 3mobile’s signal. Htc could barely catch any signals, but making calls by forcing the device to GSM mode is possible. This is however impossible to do with an iphone. I couldnt use my phone in many areas and it even loses signal when i am home sometimes. No offence to my buddies back in msia, but you guys will not experience this probably because Malaysia is still using GSM in Most places, but not in Aussie when u are with 3mobile. Where 3G is the Main band that you use.

Thus, I will be letting go the highly Rated Iphone and will be keeping my HTC for my everyday use.

CIMG0375

bye bye white apple.

I hope my Review will help some of you to make your decision as to which device is more suitable for you. Be it the Iphone 3G or HTC touch Pro, they both are excellent devices!

CIMG0367

No comments: